10.16.2011

The Art of David Drennon

I met David at Panic's recent two night run in Savannah. I immediately recognized his work from the piece below which is in my house.

I can't even tell you how much this piece makes me smile. It's so silly, I just love his aesthetic and the ideas and associations he pulls into his pieces. He uses pen and ink and reprints his work on high quality paper and sells them for $10-$15 a print. He has easily become my favorite lot artist. He did a series of The Seasons of Phish {my title, not his :)} that I am in love with. I bought the Fishman vacuum piece and I want all of them now!!

 I don't know what season Fishman is...well I guess I do by process of elimination. I don't really see summer when I look, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
 Page for Winter
 Trey for Spring
 Mike for fall

He also did an incredible JB piece that 2 of my buddies bought at Panic that I am really regretting not buying.
As far as talent, detail and artistic ability go, I think the JB is the best. These pictures don't really show how intricate and fabulous these pieces are, but you can get an idea. The desert is just so well done, I could stare at it for daze :)
 I don't remember seeing this one in the lot, could have been sold out, but Herring looks like a wizard and I love it!
What a great portrait of Houser. I like that lack of border a lot on this one. We love you Mikey, RIP!

Very much hoping to pick up some new pieces at Bear Creek which I just got a ticket for!!!
BE EASY

all images from sunshinedaydream where you can also purchase his work online

No comments:

Post a Comment